Thursday, December 2, 2010

End of Days

Well, this semester rather, but I felt a bit dramatic. It's certainly been a surprising one. Among many other coincidences, somehow I ended up taking four extremely interesting courses this semester, three of which were also exceedingly fun, and pretty inspiring and motivational. My theater prof, Stephen Drover, had a brilliant and fun approach to teaching, and really helped me think about theater on a new level. And my developmental psychology profs, Jeremy Frimer and Lawrence Walker, introduced me to a new and exciting framework for thinking about humanity. So many of my feelings about people and their nature have been given voice, a scientific context, and a view of the passion that others have for the same topics. Whether because he is from a closer generation, younger, or something else, Jeremy's lectures connected with me in particular. His teaching style was dynamic, obviously interested, motivated, effective, informative, personal highly relevant, and well paced. In short, it was a joy to learn under his guidance, and I think he has become a bit of a role model for me.

So that's my little blast of enthusiasm out there. I'm just about to fall asleep, as I stayed up late to pound out my last paper. Until next time.. *yawn*

No comments:

Post a Comment